Submit a complaint - information
Please read the following before you submit a complaint to the Office of the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman (OTO).
If you feel your service rights were not respected by the CRA, there are three steps to resolve your service-related issue.
- Attempt to resolve the service-related issue directly with the CRA employee with whom you are dealing.
- Request to speak with a supervisor.
- File a formal complaint with the CRA’s Service Complaints, Form RC193, Service-Related Complaint. For more information, visit Service Complaints.
The OTO can review a service-related issue that has not gone through the steps above only if there are compelling circumstances, such as:
- a service-related issue that raises systemic issues;
- following the steps will cause undue hardship to the taxpayer; or
- following the steps is unlikely to produce a result within a timeframe the OTO considers reasonable.
If you are not satisfied with the way your service-related complaint was handled by the CRA, submit a complaint to the OTO.
- Date modified: