Terms and conditions
- Privacy Notice
- Official Languages Notice
- Hyperlinking Notice
- Copyright / Permission to Reproduce Notice
- The Taxpayers' Ombudsman website does not automatically gather any specific personal information from you, such as your name, phone number or email address. We would only obtain this type of information if you supply it by sending us an email or registering in a secure portion of the site.
- All personal information created, held or collected by this office is protected under the federal Privacy Act . This means that at any point of collection you will be asked for consent to collect your information, and you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information.
- The Taxpayers' Ombudsman website employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. This software receives and records the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer that has contacted our website, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- The Taxpayers' Ombudsman website uses "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess site efficiency. The system will notify you before any cookies are used so that you may refuse them, and the refusal of cookies will not affect the site performance or restrict your ability to access information from this site. (A "cookie" is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to allow it to monitor your use of the site.)
- Information on individual visitors is used by the Taxpayers' Ombudsman employees who need to know the information in order to respond to your request or to ensure the security of this system. We only share the information you give us with another government department if your inquiry relates to that department. We do not use the information to create individual profiles, nor do we disclose this information to anyone outside the Government of Canada.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Official Languages Notice
The Taxpayers' Ombudsman respects the Official Languages Act and the relevant Treasury Board policies, and is committed to ensuring all information and services on this site are available in both English and French. However, visitors should be aware that some information from external sources that are not subject to the Official Languages Act is only provided as a convenience and is available only in the language in which it was provided.
Information and services that are provided on this site in language(s) other than English or French are only provided as a convenience to the visitor when available.
Links to websites not under the control of the Government of Canada are provided solely for the convenience of visitors. The government is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content. The government does not offer any guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links, nor does it endorse the sites and their content.
Visitors should also be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites to which the Taxpayers' Ombudsman links is not subject to the Privacy Act , the Official Languages Act and may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. The information offered may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question and visitors should research the privacy policies of the sites before providing personal information.
Copyright / Permission to Reproduce Notice
Materials on this website were produced and/or compiled by the Taxpayers' Ombudsman for the purpose of providing Canadians with direct access to information about the programs and services offered by the Government of Canada.
The material on this site is covered by the provisions of the Copyright Act , and by Canadian laws, policies, regulations and international agreements. Such provisions serve to identify the information source and, in specific instances, to prohibit reproduction of materials without written permission.
Information on this site, other than government symbols, has been posted with the intent that it be readily available for personal and public non-commercial use and may be reproduced, in part or in whole and by any means, without charge or further permission from the Taxpayers' Ombudsman. We ask only that:
- users exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- the Taxpayers' Ombudsman be identified as the source department; and
- the reproduction is not represented as an official version of the materials reproduced, nor as having been made, in affiliation with or with the endorsement of the Taxpayers' Ombudsman.
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the “Canada” wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without written authorization. Request for authorization from the Treasury Board Secretariat may be addressed to:
Federal Identity Program
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
300 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R5
Reproduction of multiple copies of materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution is prohibited except with written permission from the Government of Canada's copyright administrator, Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC). Through the permission-granting process, PWGSC helps to ensure that individuals / organizations wishing to reproduce Government of Canada materials for commercial purposes have access to the most accurate, up-to-date versions. To obtain permission to reproduce materials on this site for commercial purposes, please go to PWGSC's Applying for Copyright Clearance on Government of Canada Works page or write:
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Publishing and Depository Services
350 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Ottawa, ON K1A 0S5
The Taxpayers' Ombudsman website uses "cookies" to track how our visitors use this site or to determine sites previously visited. A cookie is a file that may be placed on your hard drive without your knowledge by a website to monitor your use of the site. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify individuals. They are compiled into statistical information on traffic patterns and are used to assess and improve the efficiency of the site. No personal information is kept and they are stored only in your browsers temporary (cache) memory. When you log out of your session, the cookie is no longer valid and is discarded when you close your browser.
- Date modified: